Thursday, April 04, 2013

Family is Here!

Many of you know, my husband's family is visiting me this week for Spring Break. It's been great having a busy house, although the long days have been pretty exhausting. I guess it isn't too tiring though, since it's almost midnight and I'm blogging rather than sleeping.

One great thing about having his family here is that it makes me feel like he's a little closer to home. It actually makes it a little harder since I feel that connection with him, even though he's absent. It's one of those bitter sweet things. I absolutely love having them here, but it makes me miss my husband even more. I'm thankful that we've been able to talk a decent amount this week through all the chaos. Communication makes things a little easier.

On a high note, we've done some exploring while our family has been here. We went down to Jacksonville Beach, Florida yesterday for the first time. Adalin is such a beach bum! It's borderline ridiculous. Here are a few pictures from Jacksonville and Tybee Island (where we spent Easter):

Jacksonville Beach, FL
Jacksonville Beach, FL

Jacksonville Beach, FL: First time "in" the ocean

Tybee Island, GA on Easter 2013
Also, we're another month closer to homecoming! Hello, April! I can't believe we're already this far. March flew by like I can't believe. I'm hoping that April will do the same as well. It's supposed to storm for the next few days, but  "April showers bring May flowers," right?

Coming posts: 
•Easter Sunday Church
•Worst Part of Deployment 2.0
•Update on Schooling
•Ideas for 1st Birthday Party
•Homemade Baby Food Review

God Bless ♥ V