Monday, April 15, 2013

Have Some Respect.

I can't get over some of the insensitivity that I'm seeing in my Facebook news feed right now. I can't believe that some people are already making fun of the tragedy that happened in Boston today. I logged on after Adalin went to bed, and this is the first thing that popped up in my news feed:


What kind of ass hole (excuse my language, but there are simply no other words....) would post something like this, let alone less than 12 hours after something this horrific has happened? An eight-year-old boy was killed, and at least 115 were injured. Why on earth would someone post something like this? The worst part of all of this is that the person who posted that is a soldier, serving our country. I had the decency to block out his picture and name, even though I should just call him out. 

The event itself makes me sad, for America. As far as I know, I don't know anyone who was directly affected. It just makes me sad that something like this could happen. The thing that makes me more sad is things like that picture's caption. Sick people ruin the world. All these people wanted to do today was go run 26.2 miles. Others wanted to watch and cheer. Why does someone have to think, "Let's go blow up people... kill people... destroy a city-wide celebration..." No. Just stop. America needs to get their act together, as does the rest of the world. What point was made today? There wasn't one, other than that we shouldn't feel safe in our own country. I want to go to bed with my doors unlocked and my windows open without having to worry about what will be missing in the morning. I just don't understand why people have to be so mean. 

So, have some respect people. Even if you're not deeply sorrowed like many are, respect their feelings. Respect that there are families grieving loss. Just, respect. 

I'm off to go clean before I punch someone. 

God Bless ♥ V