Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hormones!

This week has been amazing. I am finally starting to feel myself again. So, here's what's been going on the past few weeks/months.

For a few months now, I've been in a rut. I just can't relax, nothing truly, makes me happy, nothing fulfills me. It's been awful. No matter how much I took on, I couldn't get out of this horrible "poor me" mode. I honestly thought I was pregnant, and even took a test when my husband left after emergency leave for Adalin's surgery. It was negative, so I continued to think that I wasn't. Yet, I was still crazy emotional all the time. I stopped breastfeeding (pumping) at the end of February, so I thought my hormones might be out of whack but I didn't think that it would have this much effect on my life.  So I went to the doctor.

The doctor said that it could be one of two things, as I suspected. The birth control I was on was designed for breastfeeding, so since I wasn't breastfeeding anymore, it could be messing with my system and creating a slight/severe hormone imbalance. The other, assumed, possibility was that I was pregnant and that the birth control was falsifying the home test(s) I'd taken. Since I'd gained 10 pounds since January, had heartburn, and been so scatter-brained, this is what the doctors thought was happening. So I took a blood test, that would actually be accurate. Negative. Which is completely okay with us for a few more years.

So I started my new (normal) birth control on last Sunday, one week ago now. Oh. My. Goodness. I can't get over the difference. Within 24 hours I noticed a change. Within 48, I noticed a drastic one. Now a week later, just wow! I can't believe it. I am back to myself. I feel so great. It's just, ah. I just feel so much better, there aren't words to explain it.

I'm so shocked with how much of an impact a hormone imbalance can have on your life. If you're on birth control, and aren't feeling great about yourself, talk to your doctor. Maybe that's the problem. I'm so happy to be back to me!

God Bless ♥ Vi