Monday, April 29, 2013

Mommy Moment Monday 4.29

Adalin Grace has been on a mommy kick for the last few days. Nothing warms my heart more than hearing her sit in her crib for hours saying "ma maa ma ma maaa ma maa!" over and over again. She's finally cutting these last two teeth on the top (for a total of six teeth!) so these last couple days have been long. She's cranky, but more cuddly than usual which is a nice change.


I attempted to have her nap with me in my bed a little bit ago. That didn't happen... at all. She's much more content exploring what she can and can't reach from my mattress. For the most part, she does pretty good about not pushing the limit too far. The only thing that really tempts her is the dog. If Mia is on her bed (next to my bed), Adalin is very determined to pet her. That being said, I'm definitely not comfortable walking more than an arm's length away while she's up there. She's fascinated with the window, along with the blinds and curtains. I love watching her explore and seeing her mind work.


She's becoming even more mobile these days. I assumed that crawling was crawling, that we wouldn't face many new baby-proofing challenges until she started walking. I was wrong. With each passing day, she can reach a little bit higher, becomes a little more confident with climbing, and discovers something new to throw across the room. Yesterday I found her trying to open the oven. When I said "Adalin Grace, what are you doing?" She quickly turned around, sat down, and started clapping her hands with a big smile on her face. She gets so excited about accomplishing new things. I'm so proud of her. ♥

On another note, I went running again this morning. I completed Week 3 Day 1 of the C25K program with no problem! I added in an extra 2 minute jog to the end as well, decreasing my 2.25 miles time by about a minute. My goal is to run 2.5 miles in 30 minutes by the end of the week. I'm determined to make it happen. I also got my Hip Hop Abs today. It was an impulse purchase off of the infomercial (but it was the same price with faster shipping on Amazon!). I'm starting that program tonight on top of C25K. If you can't tell, I'm very dedicated and determined to get in shape by the beginning of June. I'll be posting my April progress pictures in the coming days.

God Bless ♥ V