Saturday, May 18, 2013

Baby's Mommy

I've come to a realization over the last few days: I'm very attached to my daughter. Deployment has caused me to be with her about 99.4% of the time. Until Thursday, the longest I'd ever been away from Adalin was about 2-3 hours. As I posted a few days ago, I had the honor of photographing one of my closest friend's labor and delivery. So, Thursday I was away from her for pretty much the whole day. I would leave for 3-4 hours or so at a time, and then come home for an hour, just to go back again. I didn't want to miss anything important with her labor, but boy oh boy did I miss my sweet girl!

She was in great hands; my mom loved having quality grandma time with her. I wasn't at all worried about her safety or well being, I just didn't like being away from her. I guess I never realized how attached I really am.

Thursday night, I was gone from seven p.m. until about eight a.m. Although she slept for that whole time (except the last half hour or so), I missed her like crazy. Today I'm taking full advantage of all the cuddles she'll give me. Shoot, I'm even enjoying getting smacked in the face with the iPad... Well, maybe not "enjoying" it, but at least I have my little girl with me.

I'm nervous for after my husband returns from deployment. I really want him to be comfortable being alone with her, but I need to work on being comfortable being away from her. I am worried that I'm going to be too controlling with how he will want to do things (she's a very schedule oriented baby). I think that his paternal instincts will kick into high gear pretty quickly. I just need to remember that she doesn't have to be in my care 24/7. It is okay for me to take a break every once in a while. I'm allowed to have a little "me time" here and there. It's just going to be an adjustment having the ability to do that pretty soon.

I'm off to go get some more baby cuddles now. I'll never take her love for granted again. I missed my sweet girl so much!

God Bless ♥ V