Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Done With Deployment!

No, my husband is not home (sadly)... I just want him to be. At the beginning of deployment, it seemed like the end would never come. It was forever away and felt like he wouldn't be home before I turned 40. Now, the end is here. Well, not really, but we're getting so close!

At this point, I'm just over deployment. I rarely have days where I sit at home and mope, "I miss my husband!" or "I wish he was here..." I don't really do that much any more. Now I'm just done. I'm not angry or bitter by any means, I'm just over it. I'm at a point of peace now. I don't worry much about him now, I know that he's safe. I just want him back.

All in all, I'm just ready for him to be home. I'm ready to cuddle with him. I'm ready to have him see Adalin play. I'm ready to let him kill the crazy spiders we find. I'm ready to cook for two (or three, since Adalin will be eating table food in the next few months). I'm ready to feel really secure at night when I go to bed. Shoot, I'm ready to share my bed. I'm ready to share my life with my husband again.

So, that's where I'm at right now. I'm just ready.

In other news, we are getting a Great Dane. That's right, those huge pony-like dogs who weigh as much as I do... Yeah, those ones. We're getting one in July! Meet Gunner:





Isn't he cute! He's just over two weeks old now, so he'll be almost three months when we finally meet him. We're so excited to get him. I can't wait to mush on his little face. I love his spots, and how cuddly he seems to be. I'll be posting photo updates regularly throughout the next two months as I get them, and will definitely keep you all up-to-date with how big he gets! 

God Bless ♥ V