Monday, May 27, 2013

Feeling Helpless

Since Friday night, Baby A has been struggling with a low grade fever, cough, and runny nose. This morning her face was puffy and her cough was worse than before so I bit the bullet and took her to urgent care. The diagnosis was exactly what I was expecting... allergies and teething. I feel so bad for my little girl. I can tell that she's miserable. I wish these teeth would just come in and give her a break for a while.

This is the hardest part about being a mom. I feel so helpless... I would do anything to take her pain away. Tylenol just isn't cutting it. The steamer helps her congestion while she's sleeping, but doesn't do much for the cough. I just wish I could help her.

So, today's mission is baby comfort. I plan on swimming in the pool with her to keep her temperature down, maintaining a regular dose of Tylenol, and pushing fluids as much as she'll allow it. Hopefully she'll be feeling better this afternoon.

On another note, I'm really missing my husband. I know that he can't do any more than I can for her, but I wish he was here to help comfort her. She's such a daddy's girl. Nearly every morning, the first thing she says is "daddy." Every night before she goes to bed, she says "daddy." She loves her daddy. I love her daddy.

This deployment needs to end. I want my husband back. Baby A wants her daddy back. I'm so ready to have my family back together again. I'm hoping the next few weeks will fly by. Tomorrow will be busy for me. I'm knocking out one of the last things on my "to-do-before-the-husband-is-home list:" getting my car windows tinted! Finally! I'm also getting my back adjusted (again). At the end of the week I'm going to visit a great friend of mine and her family over at Fort Benning. I get to go to Alabama for the first time! I'm really excited to see them. I know that the weekend will go by fast.

I hope that you're all enjoying your holiday weekend. Take a moment to remember why we're celebrating!

God bless ♥ V