Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy Days

For the last week or so, I've been in a really good mood. With the exception of Saturday, every day has been pretty great. Saturday was only rough because my mom left back to Michigan, but other than that life has been great.

I'm not entirely sure where this optimism came from, but I'm liking it. I haven't been letting the negatives get me down. My frustrations are being put on the back burner and are extinguished by all the good things going on in my life. It's a great feeling. The other day, I was thinking about how stupid the layouts of Hinesville and Fort Stewart are. Seriously, it's like a drunk first-grader drew the map. It's really irritating. Although I'm still irritated that there isn't a straight path to go anywhere, I'm trying to enjoy the scenery...

I'm enjoying my little girl's company more and more every day. Being away from her so much in the past week has really reminded me of how blessed I am to have the ability to stay home with her all the time. Even though she's stingy with her kisses and likes to high-five my face... she's my little angel and I wouldn't have it any other way. Watching her grow and try new things is the highlight of my life right now.

My photography business is growing too. I've been pushing my envelope more lately. It's been challenging but I love it. Going out of my comfort zone has been a lot of fun. This month alone, I've done my first event, labor and delivery, and my first newborn shoot since October. It feels great to be busy.

School is over until August, so that's a huge load off of my shoulders. I'm feeling much more relaxed. A semester off was exactly what I needed. I'm nervous about not wanting to go back in the fall, but I know it's something I need to do.

Lastly, deployment. We're so close, but so far away. This is frustrating to me, but for some reason I'm pretty at peace with it. I hate not knowing anything about his homecoming yet, but knowing that we're less than xx amount of days/weeks away makes me very happy. I'm so thrilled to be getting my husband back soon. I'm excited to see how our relationship has changed in the last several months.

Okay, I lied. One more thing... Mr. Gunner is growing. I'm excited, and sad at the same time. I think he's going to be really big when we finally get him. I don't expect him to be bigger than Mia, but I think he'll be 30 pounds or so. I'm sad that we're missing the itty bitty puppy faze, but happy that Mia won't beat him up too much.

I hope that everyone can find a little optimism in their day today, especially with all of the sadness happening in Oklahoma. My heart goes out to all of those who lost something in that terrible storm. I can only imagine...

God Bless ♥ V