Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Mamma is Here!

I'm loving this week. My mamma is here visiting for a whole week! After not seeing her for 4 months, this is a nice change. We're getting in lots of mother-daughter bonding time, and Adalin's getting some much needed Nana time. She's getting spoiled like crazy and I love it.


That picture sums up the last few days pretty well. We haven't been too productive, but it's been nice to just relax. I'm done with school until August and it's a great change to not be worrying about when assignments are due. Although I didn't do anywhere near as well as I would have liked this semester, I'm just happy to have a break. This week has been full of pool time and relaxing in the back yard. Today was crazy hot so we've spent most of our day inside. 


My mom has been great for support too. This week, I found out that my back is pretty seriously messed up. My hip bones are tilted and twisted, and my spine tilts to the left pretty bad. To top it off, my neck is actually too straight, if there is such a thing. I guess the weight of my head is putting too much pressure on my spine because my neck isn't curved how it's supposed to be. That's an expensive fix, so I'm going to be looking into alternative treatment that our insurance will cover. I also booked surgery on my head today. I have a pilar cyst on my right temple that is pretty painful. The procedure isn't crazy intensive by any means, but I've never had surgery before so I'm extremely nervous. I am going to make another appointment next week to have them walk me through the procedure. To say that I'm anxious would be an understatement. I'm glad that my mom is here to help me keep calm in all of this. I'll be sad to see her leave. 

The next few days will be exciting! One of my closest friends is welcoming her sweet baby girl into the world. I have the honor of taking her labor and delivery photos. I couldn't be more excited for her. My mom gets to have lots of grandma time with Adalin while I'm at the hospital with her. It's gonna be great. 

On another note, Adalin is really starting to become a little daredevil. We got her a walker today and she absolutely loves it. She is pushing the thing everywhere. 


She also headbutted the corner of the couch today and got her first real goose egg. It's a real pretty shade of purple now... I tell you, this child will be the death of me. She scares me sometimes with her fearlessness. I love her sense of adventure though. She's going to be a blast once she gets a little older. 

That's all for this evening. I've got a sponsored review coming up this weekend. Stay tuned!

God Bless ♥ V