Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Homecoming: Before the Ceremony Feelings

(This is a scheduled post, to abide by OPSEC regulations)

Wow! I'm jittery. We've got about an hour before I head to the field to pick up my soldier. Right now, I'm watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix, trying to make time pass faster. Last night I couldn't sleep worth a flip. I stayed up until midnight to register Baby A for swim classes (finally!). I was able to get her registered. After that, I conked out... just kidding. Who could sleep at a time like this? I woke up every hour or so with crazy excitement. Once 6AM came, I sort of gave up on going back to sleep. I didn't actually get out of bed until closer to 7:30, but that was much earlier than I had originally hoped. I was planning on sleeping until Adalin woke up, then I would only have a few hours until we would be ready to leave. Wrong. As I said, who could sleep at a time like this? 

Anyway, the morning has dragged on much slower than I expected. I keep looking at the clocked, shocked because only 10 minutes have passed. We had originally planned on leaving about 40 minutes before the ceremony started. Now we're going to leave about an hour and 20 minutes before it starts. 

These feelings are intense. My stresses are pretty much gone. I'm anxious to see if Baby A walks to him. (By the time this posts, he will know that A is WALKING!! This has been the hardest secret I've ever had to keep. She started about 3 weeks ago, and he has no idea as I'm writing this). The plan is to have her walk to him as he walks to us. Her sign says "Daddy! I can't wait to walk to you!" I will definitely post pictures. My sign says "Come get your girls!" I'm so excited for this. I'm pretty sure I've peed about 40 times since 8AM. It's obnoxious. Other than the 50/50 chance of her walking to him, I'm not too stressed about anything else. There's a 40% chance of rain right now, so we don't know if the ceremony will be at the wonderful Cotrell Field or in the gym. I'm just ready for it. 

I guess I'm going to go finish getting ready (who am I kidding, I've been ready for hours). Sometime in the next week I will post our whole homecoming experience. I can't wait to share this experience with my followers. It's nice to be waiting on this side of the camera for once. 

God Bless ♥ V