Wednesday, June 05, 2013

You Matter!

I've been watching a lot of my friends go through some self-worth problems lately. I've even been going through a bit of struggle. In my attempt to regain my self-confidence and self-worth I started reading a book, Secure in Heart: Overcoming Insecurity in a Woman's Life. So far, I'm loving it. Here's the part that has spoke to me most so far:


I have the Kindle Edition and am loving it. I'm not usually a big reader, but I've been loving my Kindle app on the iPad lately. I've been reading a few different books on it. I used to have a Kindle, but gave it to my mom when I got the iPad because I knew I wouldn't use it as much. For me, and my paper-loving child, the Kindle/Kindle app is much easier than carrying a book. Baby A really loves paper, so books are never safe. I am loving having the books on hand. 

Another thing I've seen some friends, and myself, struggling with lately is body image. I've found myself being extremely critical of my own body. (Note, I'm not posting my May progress pictures for two reasons... First, because I slacked off this month. Second,because I want my final progress to be a surprise for my husband). I am always thinking about how I wish this part of my skin was tighter, or that part of my thigh was less jiggly, or that I was tanner.... you name it, I've probably thought it. I am ecstatic that the scale is starting to show my progress, but I'm really trying to learn to love my body the way it is. God made me the way that I am. It's up to me to take care of my body, but I want to stop trying to change it drastically. 

I hope that passage of the book can speak to someone today. I know it gave me a little clarity in my life. 

God Bless ♥ V