Tuesday, July 09, 2013

I Love my Baby

I love sitting down at the end of the night and reflecting on my life. Tonight, I'm feeling blessed. Also, I'm having a really hard time dealing with the fact that my sweet baby girl is turning one in just 22 days. Where does the time go?


Look at her. She's getting way too big. I love this little girl more than anything. She's just perfect. Here's what we've been up to the past few days:

Sunday we did pedicures with daddy! Tell me honestly, can you handle this level of cuteness?
Baby A is just about the biggest daddy's girl you've ever seen. She absolutely loves spending time with her daddy. I'm not sure exactly how long she sat here with him, but she was thoroughly content. I just love this photo of them. Even though you can't see his face, I love it.

Monday we had our first mommy and me swim class!


She had a blast. I could barely keep her out of the pool before the class started. I was expecting the class to be more baby oriented, but it seems to be designed more for kids who can talk and understand what it means to "hum" or "kick your legs" or "jump in the water..." I'm still loving being able to take her though. I love that she's comfortable in the water. She was having so much fun (and slept for almost three hours afterwords). I'm excited for next week's class as well!

She is growing up way too fast. She's walking all the time. I went almost a week without seeing her crawl once. She did twice today, I think just to ease my depression a bit. She's wearing real shoes now, not the crib shoes. She fed herself dinner tonight... and we are retiring the jumper. Yes, I want to cry. She's so smart. I can tell her "Go get daddy" and she'll hunt him down, wherever he may be. She knows who Mommy, Daddy, and the Puppy are... If she has something she's not supposed to have, or something I want, I can ask her to give it to me and she will happily bring it over. She's just so smart. I love her jabber. She's an amazing little girl.

I'm also prepping for her first of two birthday parties. This weekend we will celebrate with our Georgia friends before we head to Michigan for leave. I've got all her decorations ready to go, and an amazing friend of mine is making the cake in the next few days. All that's left to get is the grill and the food. The rest of my week is going to be crazy hectic. I'm trying to get my week two reintegration post up in the next few days (sorry it's late again!). I hope you all have a wonderful night.

God Bless ♥ V