Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm back!

We're back from block leave! It was an amazing few weeks, but boy oh boy... I'm so glad to be home. It's a bitter sweet thing, being away from home. We had a blast at home, seeing all of our friends and family, but I missed my house, my bed, my vacuum... I missed Georgia. My Georgia "family" seemed so distant while we were gone... I didn't like it. I'm so happy to be back home and to be starting a somewhat normal routine again. I still don't think "normal" will come for quite a while, but I'm willing to be patient. We're still reintegrating, but we're making great progress.

On another note, Miss A is growing WAY too fast. Here are some of her one year photos:






Victoria Simmons Photography
She is so independent now. She's all over the place, running, laughing, talking up a storm... Her new favorite thing is "What's that?" all the time. We've cycled out all of her 'baby' toys and replaced them with more toddler toys. We got her a playhouse with her birthday money (that's supposed to be here by the end of the week!). Our neighbors moved while were on leave, and left us a slide for her. I was planning on buying that, but now we don't have to. I'm sad we didn't get to say goodbye, but hopefully we'll run into them again someday (maybe they're still in the area). She loves all her new toys. Her latest obsession is blueberries. She wants them, all the time.

Well, I'm off for the afternoon. We're going to the shooting range with some friends. Should be pretty interesting! Have a great Tuesday!

God Bless ♥ V