Friday, September 06, 2013

Focusing on Positivity

The last week or two, I've been trying something new. Rather than letting the bad get me down in the dumps, I'm trying hard to focus on all the good things in my life.

I'll fully admit, I'm an emotional person. When I'm upset, it throws my whole day off. When I'm happy, you can't smack the smile off my face. Here's something that will never get old to me, will literally bring me to tears every time because I laugh so hard.


Yes, I am crying now... because I've watched it three times today. The end gets me every time... "Why would you do that?"  Oh gosh. Anyway, whenever I need a little pick me up, this is my go-to.

I've been trying to make little lists every day of the good things that are going on. Today's list?
1. My sweet girl is doing great after getting shots yesterday. Even though she puked on me as soon as she woke up this morning, she's been pretty great since then.
2. I got lab work back from last week and I'm not dying. Okay, that was a tad dramatic... I went in because I'm almost constantly tired. Making it through the day without a nap is a serious accomplishment. They thought it could be my thyroid or iron levels, but both came back normal. So at least my blood looks good, now to figure out why I'm so sleepy...
3. I am booking more photo sessions and am playing with my new gear a lot. Photography makes me happy.
4. My husband and I are nearing the end of reintegration. It feels good to find the "new normal" and have a pretty good routine down. Miss A is so sweet with her daddy, always giving him kisses when she says good night to him. Yes, this still makes me cry every time, even though it's becoming a regular thing.
5. It's Friday! No explanation needed there!

I'm working on simplifying my life, figuring out what's important and what's not. Even though I'm not in school this semester, I feel more fulfilled than ever. I'm investing more time in my daughter's life, in my marriage, and in my business. It feels great to have some direction and actual (reachable) goals that I'm working towards. Life is good, and God is great. That's my motto for the day.

God Bless ♥ V