Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Hello Again!

I seem to be getting into a bad habit of not blogging for a while, then blogging like crazy. Here's to hoping that I can find a happy middle ground this month. So... what's new in my life? Where do I even begin.

In the last month or so, I've really started to take myself seriously as a photographer. I've been taking the time to educate myself, to try new things, and to really push to achieve something new with my camera every week. Constant challenges are going to me better, so that's what I'm doing as much as I can. I'm really excited to see where I'm at in a month, and in a year.

Miss A... I don't even know where to begin with her. I definitely have a toddler now, no more baby. I'm loving how curious she is, continuing with "What's that?" all the time. She feeds her self anything that we let her. There are a few foods (like applesauce or other things that require a spoon) that I'm not ready to clean up yet, but anything solid is a go. She's completely transitioned to whole milk, and only drinks from her bottle twice a day. For some reason, I don't want to put milk in a sippy-cup, but I know it has to happen. Maybe that will be my goal for this week. Miss A is so incredibly mobile. There's pretty much nothing that's off limits for her now. She can easily get up on the couch, climb out of the tub (not a fan of this), and almost anywhere else she'd like to go. She can reach door handles now, but not open them yet. She can also reach our kitchen counter. Yes, that was game over for a dirty kitchen! A month ago, she really thought that books were food, always trying to tear out the pages and eat them. When we got back from leave I brought a bookshelf out into the living room and put all of her board books on it. Now she will bring me books and sit with me while I "read" them, or at least explain what the pictures are. The longer books are still a bit too long for her attention span. She has so many books already! I'm hoping to completely fill this bookcase (three shelves) by Christmas.


I absolutely love watching her learn and create new names for things. One of her favorite toys, a Curious George stuffed animal that my mom got her, is called "Go." Every morning I hear, "Where's Go? Goooo! Go?" Until she finds him, then I hear a huge sigh of releif, "Ahh, Gooo." It's basically the cutest thing ever. Her most recent new words are "uice" (juice), "neeze" (please), and "no." I absolutely love how much she says "mama" and "daddy" now. She really knows how to break my heart with her sad faces. It's rough... 

Other than that, life is back to normal for the most part. Hubby is back to work and on a relatively normalized schedule. We've found our new routine with sharing the parenting responsibilities. Life is feeling really good. 

God Bless ♥ V