Friday, November 29, 2013

Eventful Black Friday

Well, after two long weeks of battling with a nasty diaper rash on Miss A's little bum... yesterday Jimmy and I got fed up. We switched her to cloth diapers!


It hasn't been a cheap switch, I've spent about $370 in the last 12 hours. It was rather painful, but I'm excited about it. I'm convinced that the chemicals in disposable diapers are adding to Miss A's pain, so we are only going to use them while we're traveling from now on. I ordered 12 diapers off of Amazon today that will be here tomorrow, and bought five more from a local natural mamma store today. We have two Bum Genius diapers (one pocket, one AIO), two Bottom Bumpers, and a Charlie Banana in the house tonight. Twelve FuzziBuns are coming tomorrow thanks to Amazon's overnight shipping. I'm still prepping the Bottom Bumpers and one of the Bum Genius diapers since they're organic and bamboo. I'm excited to keep these on her butt now. I'm hoping that we'll love these as much as I'm expecting to. I wish we would have switched sooner. 


When I first put this diaper on Miss A, she wasn't quite sure what to think. I did double the liners tonight, since I'm still not 100% sure what I'm doing and I don't want her leaking in her sleep. Once I get the hang of this more, I'm sure she'll be much more comfortable with them. It only took me like five minutes to put this on her. I know I'll get faster in time though. I'm still figuring out how I want the snaps to be. I love that they're so adjustable.

On another exciting note for Miss A, she's been three days without a bottle now. My goal was to have her on solely sippy cups by 18 months. It looks as though we beat that goal by two months. I'm going to keep one around for a few more days, but as long as she continues to drink her milk from the sippy, the bottle is getting pitched. I'm so proud of our little girl. 

We also took our family Christmas photos today. I've decided I'm not posting them until I mail out our Christmas cards. I'm excited for those too.

I'm off to go do another load of laundry. I have one more cycle left before these diapers will hit the dryer! So excited for a full day of cloth tomorrow! I will definitely continue to post my experiences with starting cloth at a later stage. 

God Bless ♥ V