Saturday, November 30, 2013

The First 24 Hours in Cloth

We successfully made it through our first day of cloth diapering. Adalin's bum is clearing up faster than I imagined it would, which makes me extremely happy. Her butt looks so cute in cloth!


This morning she woke up much happier than yesterday. Her butt looked about 60% better after just 12 hours. I was thoroughly impressed. There wasn't any leakage from the diaper, which I was nervous about. She pooed a little, but nothing major. It was nice of her to grace me with an easy first change.

Later in the morning, we got "fluff mail," as cloth mamas call it. Adalin was more excited about the box than the diapers, but hey... you win some, you lose some.


I now have 12 FuzziBunz, 2 bottombumpers, two BumGeniuses, and a Charlie Banana. So far, the BGs and bottombumpers are my favorite. I ordered three (two BGs and one bottombumper) more tonight, so they should be here by the end of next week. 

She has had a few major poops today, but I take the liner and all that goes with it, and stick that in the toilet. Then I dunk the poopy part of the diaper in the water to get off as much as I can before I put it in the wetbag to wait to be washed. I plan on washing every day to every other day, depending on my schedule. 



I'm excited to see how she does all day tomorrow. She has on her first FuzziBunz tonight, so we'll see how that goes. I think my biggest fear was the poop explosions. Even though she hasn't had a huge one yet, she had a pretty decent one and I handled it okay. I'll be washing the first soiled load tomorrow, so I'm sure that will just be quite a treat. 


Well, I'm off for the night. I'm exhausted, and need to catch up on sleep. I'm going to keep blogging about my experience with this. It should be interesting to see what I'm thinking next week.

God Bless ♥ V