Tuesday, November 26, 2013

What I'm Thankful For (Part One)

Rather than doing a daily post this month with something that I'm thankful for, I decided to three posts with 10 things each day. So here goes nothing!

1. I'm thankful for family. Between the family that raised me, and the little family I have of my own... Family is something that I cherish greatly. Having my family whole again for five months now has been such a blessing. I can't believe that my husband has been back from deployment for that long already, but wow has it been great. Watching him bond with our daughter is been the greatest gift. Watching her grow up and learn something new every day has been more than I could ever ask for. I'm really missing my Michigan family lately, the holidays are meant to be spent with family. I know we'll be back for Christmas, but I'm still missing them a little bit extra this week.



2. I'm thankful for our dogs. Even though they're a pain in the butt some times, they add so much to our family. Between putting up with Adalin and always being ready to cuddle, we couldn't ask for better pups.

3. I'm thankful for the Internet. This year, I've seen it do amazing things. It allowed me to stay connected with my husband through deployment. It allowed him to watch our daughter grow from thousands of miles away. It lets me stay in touch with my Michigan family and friends, as well as others around the globe. I was so privileged to watch a soldier see his daughter be born through Skype. I know this may seem like a silly, or even superficial thing to be thankful for, but I really am. It has given me connections that I thought I would have lost when we moved to Georgia. It has also allowed me to grow my business to something I never thought it could be.



4. I'm thankful for stability. I feel like this is extremely general, but it's true. I'm thankful for my husband's job stability, providing us with financial stability. I'm thankful for stability in my marriage and family. I'm thankful for the stability in Adalin's growth and development. I don't like unexpected change, so stability is definitely a blessing.

5. I'm thankful for photography. Not only does it provide a career for me, but it allows me to keep memories that might be lost otherwise. It allows me to express myself, to challenge myself, and to educate myself. It allows me to grow and learn more every day.



6. I'm thankful for heat. Today is a nasty day. It's raining and cold, but I'm cuddled up in a nice warm blanket in my heated home, enjoying myself. I can't imagine living without heat. I know that we're extremely spoiled with how much we have. I'm thankful for that.

7. I'm thankful for working vehicles. There is rarely a day that I don't drive somewhere. Driving around town, to sessions, to the store.... we do a lot of driving. Going home for the holidays or in the summer would be much more difficult if we didn't have nice vehicles. I love my little car, though it's not the most family-practical car for us now. The dogs can't fit in there with Adalin in the back seat. Thankfully, the truck has plenty of room for all of us.

8. I'm thankful for smart phones. Though they really are a modern convenience, they definitely have become a necessity in my life. I know that I could live without it, but I'm glad I don't have to. It makes staying in touch with everyone so much easier, and also helps my business. I can accept credit cards as a payment method on site. It's amazing.

9. I'm thankful for our yard. I can't imagine not being able to let the dogs out to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I would probably die if we lived in an apartment where we had to walk them out for potty breaks and play time. I love not worrying about them when they're outside. I love having bonfires, relaxing in the hammock, and letting Adalin run free in the yard without worrying about her getting ran over, or kidnapped.



10. I'm thankful for Amazon's free two day shipping. Seriously, the best invention ever... just saying. I depend on two day shipping like it's nobody's business. Those days when I realize Adalin only has 20 diapers left, or those days when I realize that we need to do our family photos ASAP and we don't have everything we need... Amazon is there.

Stay tuned for Part 2 of this list :)

God Bless ♥ V