Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'Tis the Season

Our visit to Michigan has been going great so far. We arrived just in time before a really nasty ice storm hit our area. If we would have left even 5 hours later, we would have ran into some major issues on the roads.


Poor Mister Gunner's feet are completely chapped from the cold and dry Michigan air. The ice isn't helping him either. Every time he comes inside, his feet are bleeding. I feel seven kinds of bad for him, but I think frequent applications of Bag Balm are helping. Miss Mia seems to like the snow fine. This isn't her first rodeo with the cold though. They're both getting along with my parents' dogs well too. Four dogs is still a lot for one house, but we're making it work. 


Miss A is loving all the attention she's getting. We had two family Christmases today and it's completely safe to say that she's spoiled rotten. She got lots of Little People toys to go with the farm she got for her birthday, tons of books, another toy phone that's a complete hit, a glow baby, and some art toys (markers and a cool "my first Crayola" thing that is mess free). She's so loved, it makes me feel extremely blessed. 


Last night, Jimmy and I had our first date night since Miss A was born. We had intentions of going to the movies, then dinner, then staying at a hotel (my first time away from Miss A overnight). Well, the theater we planned on going to didn't have power from the ice storm, so we drove to the other side of town. We found a theater that was open but the movie we wanted to see didn't play for another hour, so we ended up seeing Catching Fire. It was really good, but I hate cliff hanger endings. We then went to Max & Erma's for desert. While Jimmy had a few drinks, I tried to make a hotel reservation for us... no luck. Out of the ten hotels I checked, four were out of power, and the others had no open rooms. We ended up wandering around Kohl's for an hour and coming home. We still had a great time, but I'm sad I didn't get to muster up the courage to stay away from Miss A for the night. 

Overall, our visit has been fantastic so far. I'm excited for tomorrow. We will have 2-3 family Christmases with lots of great food and amazing company. I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season as much as we are.

God Bless ♥ V