Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Twelve Hours

In twelve short hours, Miss A will be going in for her second surgery, under the age of two. I'm feeling so many conflicted emotions right now. Tonight, I'm having flashbacks from the night before her other surgery. I was so scared for my precious little baby. I'm not feeling the same as I did for that surgery, since I know it's far less invasive and she'll only be under for a matter of minutes, rather than hours. I feel extremely confident in the doctor's skills, as I did for her last surgery. Trusting someone with the future of your child is never easy, but it's something we have to do.

Tonight I'm feeling both anxiety and relief. I'm anxious to have her go under anesthesia again. I'm anxious about the after care of ear tubes. I'm anxious about not being able to give her a sippy of milk on the drive to the doctor tomorrow morning. I'm feeling seven kinds of relief knowing that if all goes as planned, my sweet babe will have far less ear troubles after tomorrow. I'm feeling relief knowing that these ear tubes will also make traveling through the mountains and flying easier on her.

I'm ready to have it done with. I'm sure I won't be sleeping much tonight, but a girl can hope. I'll keep everyone posted. Prayers and positive wishes are always appreciated. Thank you for all your support.

God Bless ♥ V