Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Balancing College and Motherhood

I'm just over a week into the semester and am already feeling a little stress. So far, I've done just fine on all my assignments. The kicker, all of the assignments have been "about me" or ice breakers. I have had two normal assignments and a test so far, and have done well on those. I'm just nervous about continuing that trend throughout the semester.

This week, I have two more tests, three discussion posts and responses, and a few other assignments. On top of that, I have four sessions to finish processing. I've got cleaning to do, a trip to Michigan to plan, and all the other duties that come with being a mom and wife. Miss A has been extra attached lately, and I'm not sure why. I love all the extra cuddles she's giving me though. I'm definitely taking advantage of that.



So far, I'm not at all behind, but again.... it's only a week and a half into the semester. I'm planning on putting Miss A into daycare part time starting next week or the following week. It was going to be today, but that didn't happen. She loves the facility we chose, so now it's just a process of getting her enrolled.

Other than that, life is pretty good. Today is Hubs and my fourth anniversary. Four years ago today, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I never imagined that we'd be where we are today. So much has happened in the past four years, and I'm thankful for every single day of it. I'm so excited to see what the next year will bring for us. I know that it will be great.

God Bless ♥ V