Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dreaming Big

I don't know exactly what changed in the past few weeks, but I'm so happy. I have this new found confidence about myself and my life in general. I'm feeling so much more comfortable putting myself out there. I'm ready to conquer the world.

This morning, Hubs and I were talking about how he (we) wishes that I could do more of my photography from home, like in our own back yard. I would love that. To have an awesome space to not only shoot at, but also work in... that's my dream. I see photos like these:



I know that this is something I want. I want to set up a space like this: 


I could do my consults, processing, ordering, and everything else except shooting in a space like that. If I had enough room, I would set up a shooting area in there too. What I would ideally like is either a finished walkout basement, or a finished loft. Lots of big windows and natural light to work with. 

Last year, I decided that my four year goal was to open an out-of-home studio. I've altered that dream now. That's to Uncle Sam, I don't know when we'll be able to have a house that will permit a space like this. Hubs is still back and forth on what he wants to do after this contract is up. If he stays active duty (and hopefully we could PCS somewhere), I would like to buy a house as soon as we get wherever we're going. If he gets out, and pursues a different career path in the civilian world, I would like to wait a year or two to make sure that he's happy where he's at before we commit to living there. So, who knows. I may open a small studio space somewhere in a few years to hold myself off until I can open a home space. 

All I know for sure, is that I will have a home office someday. I want something organized and beautiful. I would love to live in a five bedroom home, so we could have three bedrooms for us and the kid(s, someday), a guest room, and an office space. Hubs still wants a man cave, so I'd want to have another room for him to do what he wants with. 

I wish I had a timeline for this. That's honestly the hardest part of my life right now. Life is good. I'm feeling good. I'm so excited to see where I'm at, even a year from now. Hopefully I'll have at least something to show for the work I'll have done this year. 

God Bless ♥ V