Friday, January 10, 2014

She's Growing Up

Yesterday, Miss A hit a major milestone and I'm still not entirely sure how to feel about it. For Christmas, her great grandparents gave her money to get all her potty training supplies. She got her potty on Wednesday. I didn't bring it out until yesterday afternoon, but the second time she sat on it, she peed! I was shocked, since we've been sitting her on the big toilet every night before bath time to get her comfortable, and there hasn't been as much as a trickle. But yesterday, she legitimately peed in the potty, twice. 

We're nowhere near ready for potty training yet, but it's my goal to get her completely comfortable with the potty before we start working on it. So for the next month or two, when I go to the bathroom she comes in with me and sits on her potty. If she goes, yay! If she doesn't, at least she's getting comfortable with the idea. 

At 17 months old, I don't expect her to understand the concept of "only going in the potty." My goal for potty training her is to be finished by two, but if it doesn't happen I'm not going to stress. It makes me sad to see her growing up so fast. 

We will be switching her to a toddler bed in a month or so. I'm trying to hold off as long as we can, at least to the year and a half mark... but she's becoming quite the climber. Between transitioning to her new bed, and potty training, and just learning and growing in general... she's throwing mama through a loop. She's becoming so independent. 


She is having a little party all by herself. She does this quite often now with the table and chair set she got for Christmas. On a note about that, I'm extremely satisfied with KidKraft's customer service. We ordered this from Amazon on Friday last week and it arrived on Wednesday. One of the seat bottoms came broken (there are normally 4 seats but I only assembled two for now since she doesn't need more yet) so I called KidKraft. Less than 5 minutes later, a new seat was on the way to our house. It came today. That's right, two day shipping and less than 5 minutes on the phone. So thank you, KidKraft. You're awesome. 

Well, I'm off to go entertain my little booger. She's being a bit of a stinker this afternoon. 

God Bless ♥ V