Friday, February 28, 2014

Slow down, time.

So last night, after I wrote our moving post, I realized that I've only blogged five times this month. I looked down to see that it was the 27th, so I figured I had plenty of time to crank out a few more posts this month... right? No, it's February.

Seriously, as we sit here on the last day of the month, I'm trying to figure out where the time has gone. I've noticed that since Jimmy returned from deployment (over eight months ago), time will not slow down. I feel like we completely blew through the end of the year last year, and now we're heading into March? How does that happen!?


February has been a busy month. Between getting my business legitimized and legal, buying a new vacuum, going on a marriage retreat, and traveling to Michigan, I've had little time to sit and update. It seems like I always have something going on.

Miss A has been continually impressing me with her growth. Not just physically, since we're on a bit of a plateau with that, but mentally and emotionally. She is so dang smart. Her vocabulary has increased so much in just the week that we've been in Michigan. Thanks to her Uncle Bubba, she now knows pepper as "Google" (thank you, Branden). She is also saying a lot more two and three word sentences. Whenever we're talking to her daddy on the phone, she says "Hi, daddy" and "Bye, daddy" about forty-seven times. She is also saying "I want ____" quite a bit more too. She says "monkey" very clearly now, and is learning more animal sounds. The thing I'm most excited about is that she's slowly but surely starting to sing her ABC's. Most of the letters aren't too clear yet, but she has the melody down solid. You can definitely understand "B" and "E F G." I'm confident that she'll have the whole alphabet ready to belt out whenever she wants by the time she's two. She will say "one, two, three" once in a while, but we're still working on that.


Well, I think I'm off for the day. My lazy little girl is still knocked out, so I'm going to enjoy my last few minutes of peace before the chaos of this Friday starts. 

God Bless ♥ V