Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Emotional

I guess I feel like writing today. I'm not sure if it's coming off of my steroids from severe seasonal allergies, my husband leaving for the field tomorrow, or a combination of the two, but I'm about eighty kinds of emotional today.

I woke up this morning feeling all mushy. I just want to cuddle my sweet girl and my husband all day long. Miss A won't have that much snuggling, and hubs has to work, so I sit here on the couch snuggling with a cozy blanket and taking the time to ponder my thoughts.

Miss A was being a bit of a stinker this morning, so I turned off Curious George and threw on Pandora (this is a bigger deal than you'd think to a toddler). After a minor mental break down, Miss A started jamming out to the music. This was exactly what I needed today. Until...

A few songs in, Tim McGraw's My Little Girl came on. Shortly after the song started, Adalin picked up her purse, mirror, and toy phone. She grabbed her sweatshirt and came over for a kiss. She says, "Bye, mommy," and gives me a squeeze, then proceeds to walk over to the door like she's heading out for the day or something. All while this song is playing, I sit here in amazement at how big my little girl has gotten. Holy waterworks. To make things even better, as I sat here sobbing on the couch, she comes back over to me and says, "okay mommy." She just sat down next to me and rubbed my back like I do hers when she's upset. Oh man. It's been a morning.

Now, it's not even 10:00, and I'm just a blubbering mess. My kid is definitely not a baby anymore. When did this happen? She turned a whopping twenty months yesterday. I stopped counting at months at eighteen unless someone asks specifically. I've been saying she's one and a half for two months now, and it's weird to me. She's growing so quickly, it depresses me.

Time needs to slow down so I have time to take all this in. I only blogged once last months since I've been so on the go. I just want to sit back and relax for like a month. This month won't permit that though. Next week, while the hubs is gone, his family will be here visiting. I know that we're going to have a blast, even though he won't be with us. The following week, I don't have much going on but I know that things will pop up. Then I'll begin prepping for my trip to Washington and Colorado in May. I still have a lot to do for that, so I'm really hoping that this month will permit me to get everything done.

I'm also closing in on the end of the semester for school. I have stayed very on top of my school work this semester, until last week. Spring break was a bad choice for me. I didn't do enough school work to say so over that week, so I'm out of practice already. Fingers crossed that I'll get back on the ball this week so I can end the semester with a bang.

God Bless ♥ V