Friday, November 21, 2014

Moving, Getting Settled, and the Holidays

I'm... blogging? What is this foreign screen on my computer? Hello everyone! I'm back from a crazy, crazy couple of months. Where to begin?

Dity move! Two words: never. again. Oh my goodness, we had a very interesting experience. First, we found out just a few days before we were set to leave, that our finance wasn't coming through in time. So, we ended up pulling a personal loan, which is something we didn't really want to do. That part worked out alright, but then... Our moving truck got lost. The Penske office closed at 2:00 the day we were supposed to pick it up. When we showed up, our truck was missing in action. They had no idea what happened to it. So we didn't end up with a truck til after 5:00, killing all of our productivity for packing that day. Then, we were fully convinced our stuff wasn't going to fit in the truck. My mom, Adalin, and I left a few hours before hubs, my dad, and brother did. When we left, the truck was packed to the brim, and there was still quite a lot left out. Somehow, the did manage to fit pretty much everything inside.


Our last family picture in front of our first family home ♥

The boys didn't get to leave until after noon, which set them for arriving to the new house quite a bit later than we would have liked. They got here with enough time to unpack our beds and the other important stuff we needed for the night, but then we were done. The following day, we unpacked the truck with a whopping hour to spare, and arrived at the rental return with just minutes left.

We're finally starting to get settled into our new home, and I must say, I'm completely in love. There's more space, I have an office, we have beautiful hard floors in the common areas, a huge master bathroom, a functional kitchen, Adalin has a playroom, and a backyard that makes me want to cry big ole tears of joy.






We're getting pictures on the walls, boxes thrown out, and just everything is coming together more and more. Life is feeling really good. The stresses of moving are finally becoming a memory rather than a crazy reality of the present. There are still a few loose ends (getting our deposit back, mailing some tech equipment back, etc), but all in all, the Fort Stewart chapter of our lives has really come to a close. 

I'm definitely missing the friends we made there, as are Jimmy and Miss A. But, I'm confident that Fort Benning will bring great new things to our lives. I'm excited to see what these next few years bring for us. 

Well, now I'm off. Hopefully it won't be too long before I blog again. I'm hoping to post a video walk through of the house sometime soon, but there are still a few too many boxes left for that ;) 

God Bless ♥ Victoria