Monday, December 01, 2014

Emotions about Moving

Moving is, to say the least, stressful. Before our move, I was just anxious and ready to get it over with. As we're coming up on the month marker (Wednesday!) of being in our new house, I can't help but feel like we aren't done yet. I'm still completely exhausted, both physically and mentally. Between all of the moving chaos and the holidays, I'm just so tired.

I hate what this move has done to my communication with my friends and family. I used to talk to my closest friends every single day, I'd talk to my mom every day, and my mother in law almost every day. Now, it just doesn't happen. Before I know it, I've gone days, even a week or more, without talking to the most important people in my life, and I hate it.

I know that this is a busy time of year as it is, but I really truly hate it. This is the time of year when I hold family and friends closest. Not being able to talk to them, whether it be lack of time, lack of energy, or a combination of the two, has really been weighing on my heart heavily these last few weeks.

Another big downer for me is that I've not worked in over a month. I'm going crazy. This need for productivity is driving me insane. I need a photo shoot, a mentoring session, something. I'm praying that 2105 will bring big things for my business, because these last few months of 2014 are proving torturous.

Lastly, I'm dying for some sense of normalcy. Our weeks are still full of the random moving errands, introduction appointments, and trying to find our way around town. We're still getting those last bills from the old house, on top of the new ones for this house. There are still boxes in more places than I'd like to admit.

I'm just so ready to put this whole move behind us and get back to a regular schedule. Miss A has been such a little trooper through it all. I'm so thankful for such a resilient child. Sickness has struck me pretty good today, so Frozen and popsicles on the couch it is.

Here's to hoping that the next few weeks allow for some relaxation before the craziness of holiday travel begins!

God Bless ♥ V