Tuesday, January 20, 2015

She's hot

My poor sweet baby has had a fever of 102º+ since last night. She seemed perfectly fine at dinner, and while we were shopping afterwords... but once we got home, she plopped on the couch and was silent. That never happens. She'll sit, but very rarely is she still and quiet.

She felt warm to me, so I gave her a cool bath, hoping she was just bundled under too many blankets on the couch. But after her bath, she just wanted to be held and rocked. Again, this never really happens. The Mister took her temperature, and it read 102º. I used the temporal thermometer (which I don't find to be quite as accurate, since it was a cheap one), and got a range from 100.7º to 102.3º, so we gave her some Tylenol and hoped she was just exhausted from a busy day.

I took her temperature again at 10:00, two hours after the Tylenol and some sleep, and it was down to 97º (with the temporal thermometer), so I let her sleep. I managed to get a reading without waking her, and didn't want to chance her losing hours of sleep to get the same reading twice. I'm now wishing I would have checked her once more.

She woke up around her normal time this morning, but she was bawling. I knew... this awful fever is back. This morning, she's consistently at 103º and I'm completely terrified. It's been just over a year since we had a month of consistent ear infections and several rounds antibiotics, which eventually led up to her ear tube surgery. At her last check up, he doctor was relatively certain that one of the tubes was out now, but the other was still there. I can't help but thing that the ear infections are back. I'm so glad she was able to go a whole year without one, but more than anything, I do not want her to have to fight these again.

I'm praying it's something else. I don't know what the course of treatment will be this time, since it's likely been less than a month since (at least one of) the tubes came out. I'm anxious they'll want to remove her adenoids, do another round of tubes, or something else surgical. I know, I'm probably jumping to conclusions, but this poor child has already been through so much in her short life. I just don't want her to go through another surgery.

Prayers are greatly appreciated this morning, as I'll be taking her in to the doctor at 11:00.

God Bless ♥︎ V