Thursday, March 05, 2015

20 Week Bumpdate

Time for another bumpdate! I'm 20 weeks now and am actually starting to enjoy this pregnancy ;)
How Far Along: 20 Weeks

Size of Baby: About the size of an banana, over 1/2 a pound!

Gender: It’s a Boy! 

Nicknames for Baby: “Baby James” and “Kade" (which is Gaelic for Fourth)

Total weight gain/loss: I have gained a couple pounds now. My checkup next week will tell me more, but I'm still hanging around the 5 lb mark I believe.

Symptoms: Fatigue for the most part. I haven't been able to sleep great in a few weeks, so that's starting to take its tole. 

Cravings: Cheese, tomato sauce, and macaroni and cheese.  

Maternity Clothes: I love maternity jeans. I scored a whole bunch of clearance items from Motherhood Maternity a few weeks ago, including a pair of jean shorts and khaki shorts for less than $10 each. Way more comfy than normal clothes.

Stretch Marks: Still no new ones I've noticed.

Sleep: It's hard to come by. I got my pregnancy pillow out again last week, which has helped a little... But most nights, it's a real fight to get really good rest.

Best Moment This Week: My husband got to feel the baby move for the first time last night. I don't remember when this happened with Miss A, but I was so excited for him to finally feel a strong kick yesterday. Also, I scored a Tula in Aperture that should be here by next week. SO excited for that baby to get here.

What I Miss: Strawberry daiquiris, good sleep, and exercise

Movement: Every day, and I love this phase. They're not so strong that they hurt or make me pee, but strong enough that I can feel them regularly.

Nausea Triggers: Nausea hasn't been *as* bad lately, but strong odors definitely still get me. 

Belly Size: It's getting rounder! I don't notice day to day change as much with this pregnancy as much as morning to night change. It comes and goes a lot throughout the day.

Nursery: Still not started yet, but we have officially decided that we will be nixing the guest room. I will be keeping my office as it is, but will be getting a really comfy futon for guests to sleep on when they visit. The guest room will be converted to a camouflage and orange nursery in the next few months.

Workouts: I've been walking a bit more, but still not as much as I'd like. I'm starting a push-up regiment this week in hopes to tone up my arms a bit before graduation in 2 months and 4 days! 

Labor Signs: None for a while hopefully!

Belly Button: Still in, but definitely getting flatter.

Wedding Rings: On!

Mood: Still emotional, but not as much over the little things. I have been feeling a little more normal lately. 


That's all for this week! I've been feeling super creative lately and picked up a bunch of crafting supplies yesterday. I'll be making all the accessories for the new Tula, as well as some stuff for the nursery like a changing pad cover, pillows, a blanket, and some other little decor things. I am also hoping to make a wet bag and portable changing pad to keep in the diaper bag. I'll be sure to keep you up to date with all my crafting fun.

God Bless ♥︎ V