Saturday, April 11, 2015

25 Week Bumpdate

Time for another bumpdate on Baby James! 
How Far Along: 25 Weeks 4 Days

Size of Baby: 1 lb 8 oz as of Tuesday's ultrasound

Gender: It’s a Boy! 

Nicknames for Baby: “Baby James” and “Kade" (which is Gaelic for Fourth)

Total weight gain/loss: I've definitely started gaining weight now. I'm at around 15 pounds gained so far, which is more than I would have liked, but pregnancy is what it is, and I'm enjoying it. 

Symptoms: Braxton hicks contractions up the wazoo. I have at least one or two almost every day, usually more like 5 or 10. The doctors assure me that this is normal, since they're random and not painful... but it's been something new to get used to that's completely different from my last pregnancy.

Cravings: Pizza, macaroni and cheese, and marshmallow sundaes.  

Maternity Clothes: I have been rocking my maternity shorts from Motherhood Maternity and absolutely love them. Leggings still don't bother me too much, but regular shorts aren't happening. 

Stretch Marks: They reared their ugly head at the 22 week mark this go around. I was really shocked to see new ones this early since I didn't get any with my first pregnancy until 36+ weeks. I've been using coconut oil on my stomach religiously, but they have come anyway. Again, pregnancy is what it is... and these marks will be worn like a badge of honor (underneath my shirt until I tone this belly back up!).

Sleep: I miss sleep. These past two weeks have been really busy so I haven't been napping like I normally do. I have been waking up a lot at night to pee too, so that's loads of fun. 

Best Moment This Week: My mother-in-law got to see baby boy's ultrasound, including the 3D one! I was really excited to get one. We also found out that the placenta concerns have resolved themselves, which is a huge relief. I was given the go-ahead to travel in May as well. 


What I Miss: Strawberry daiquiris, good sleep, and exercise

Movement: Every day, and they're getting stronger. He is extremely active, especially from 8:00 until 10:00 at night. Looks like we're going to have a night owl on our hands!

Nausea Triggers: I haven't thrown up in a few weeks now, but heartburn has been pretty crazy lately.

Belly Size: I feel big, but he's actually measuring kinda small. Miss A was always in the 90th percentile or higher, but he's hanging out around the 25th-30th. I still feel bigger than I was with Miss A, but everyone says you're bigger with your second ;)

Nursery: The dresser is in there now, and hopefully in the next few weeks we will make some more progress on it. We need to take the guest bed out of there first.

Workouts: The last two weeks I've been walking a lot and on the go quite a bit, but haven't actually "worked out" enough to say so. 

Labor Signs: Lots of braxton hicks, but nothing productive. Still hoping to keep him cooking for at least 10 more weeks, but hopefully closer to 14 or 15. 

Belly Button: Getting pretty flat!

Wedding Rings: On! My feet have swelled a little bit, but my hands still look pretty normal.

Mood: Definitely feeling more normal than the beginning of this pregnancy. I'm still emotional, and exhausted, but not so tied up with mood swings.