Wednesday, April 29, 2015

28 Week Bumpdate: Hello Third Trimester

How Far Along: 28 Weeks

Size of Baby: Roughly 2 pounds

Gender: It’s a Boy! 

Nicknames for Baby: “Baby James” and “Kade" (which is Gaelic for Fourth)

Total weight gain/loss: About 17 pounds gained. 

Symptoms: Still tons of braxton hicks contractions. Heartburn has reared its ugly head again, about as bad as it was with Miss A. Thank goodness for Zantac

Cravings: I've been on a peanut butter kick this past week  

Maternity Clothes: Still love maternity shorts. Normal tank tops are starting to get a little short on the belly, but I think I'll be good for at least a few more weeks.

Stretch Marks: Still slowly growing. Belly, hips, and butt. 

Sleep: On and off. Somehow I managed to throw out a few ribs about two weeks ago, which was incredibly painful. A trip to L&D, a trip to an OMT clinic, and three visits with the chiropractor later, I can finally move my arm without crying. Still not completely out of the woods, but sleep is finally coming a bit easier now.
Best Moment This Week: We are prepping to start work on the nursery. I'm feeling so behind since we already had so much done at this point with Miss A, but I know hope that we'll make lots of progress in the next few weeks.
 
What I Miss: The absence of braxton hicks contractions. They're so frequent and uncomfortable. 

Movement: So, so much movement. He is one active little man

Nausea Triggers: I've been pretty good lately!

Belly Size: Still growing steadily. It's getting a little harder to see my toes.

Nursery: Still not a whole lot of progress. We did flip the bed that was in there up on end so we have more floor space. Two boxes that needed to be unpacked are gone (there are three or four left now). Slowly but surely...

Workouts: Because of my ribs being out, I haven't been able to do a whole lot. Walking, but that's about it.

Labor Signs: Tons of braxton hicks, but nothing other than that!

Belly Button: Definitely getting more flat.

Wedding Rings: On! My feet have swelled a little bit, but my hands still look pretty normal.

Mood: I'd been feeling pretty normal, but this week I find myself being extra hormonal and emotional. Little things bother me more, and big things definitely get to me. I'm not sure if it's because we're getting closer to the due date, or just because I have a lot going on this week... but I am ready to feel like myself again.