Wednesday, May 20, 2015

31 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 31 Weeks

Size of Baby: Roughly 3 pounds

Gender: It’s a Boy! 

Nicknames for Baby: “Baby James” and “Kade" (which is Gaelic for Fourth)

Total weight gain/loss: About 20 pounds gained. 

Symptoms: Continuing with lots of braxton hicks contractions. Super bad heartburn still, and nausea has actually come back, but nothing like it was in the beginning. If I eat too much, especially too quickly, I feel very sick.

Cravings: Reese's McFlurry. Real bad.

Maternity Clothes: Shorts, shirts, dresses, and a swimsuit. Loving them all.

Stretch Marks: Still slowly growing. Belly, hips, and butt. 

Sleep: It's been much more difficult to get comfortable these days. I wake up 2-3 times most nights to pee, so that's always super fun. But now that I'm officially graduated from college, I can nap more days than I could a few weeks ago. That helps tremendously.
Best Moment This Week: I got a FitBit on Monday, and I'm pretty obsessed. It tracks my steps, my water intake, and my sleep. It's been interesting seeing how many times I actually wake up at night. Even though I'm in bed for 9+ hours most nights, I actually only sleep for about 7 of that. It's been motivating to keep moving as well. Gotta hit my step goal for the day!

What I Miss: Being able to move without grunting.

Movement: Tons and tons. Lots of strong kicks and rolls.

Nausea Triggers: Eating too much, but I haven't actually thrown up because of it. 

Belly Size: Big! I feel way more pregnant than I did a few weeks ago.

Nursery: Finally making progress. The crib is up, the changing table is (halfway) accessible. The guest bed is out of the room, and some more decor is up. 

Workouts: I've started with prenatal pilates again, and walking more thanks to my Fitbit!

Labor Signs: Tons of braxton hicks, but nothing other than that!

Belly Button: Flat and starting to pop out!

Wedding Rings: On! My feet have swelled a little bit, but my hands still look pretty normal.

Mood: I've been more irritable these past few weeks. I feel bad because Miss A has been testing my patience, and I'm really feeling like I need a vacation. I've been trying to do more fun things with her to keep her busy, but this mama gets tired out so quickly these days... It's getting hard to keep up with her.