Wednesday, June 24, 2015

36 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 36 Weeks

Size of Baby: About 6 pounds

Gender: It’s a Boy! 

Nicknames for Baby: “Baby James” and “Kade" (which is Gaelic for Fourth)

Total weight gain/loss: 28 pounds gained. 

Symptoms: Restless legs and fatigue for sure. Braxton hicks have continued (as usual), but nothing serious enough to send me into labor. 

Cravings: Cookie dough flurries, peanut butter, and cheese. Randomness at its finest ;)

Maternity Clothes: Pretty much all I wear these days. I love maxi skirts and dresses since they don't put pressure on my lower belly like some of my shorts do.

Stretch Marks: Still growing with all their glory. The past few weeks, I've felt more at peace with them. My first pregnancy, they didn't appear until about 36 weeks. This time, they started growing around 22 weeks. I'm definitely a little anxious to see what the next four weeks does to them, since he's really growing and stretching the limits now, but I'm not stressed about them. This isn't to say that I won't be putting gobs of lotion and stretch mark cream on my belly after delivery... but if they don't fade, I'm okay with it. This is what motherhood looks like.

Sleep: I pee four times every night, sometimes more. What sleep?
Best Moment This Week: Getting more prepping done. Diapers are prepped, laundry is done, bedding has been washed. Some of the random odds and ends we still needed were purchased this week too. 

What I Miss: Feeling in control of my body. When I sneeze, I pee. I get out of breath quickly and frequently. I don't feel sexy, I feel like a beached whale... I'm ready to get my body back.

Movement: From my pelvic bone to my ribs, he kicks, punches, rolls, and does some form of ancient martial arts. My belly gets a little lopsided sometimes, it's quite entertaining. 

Nausea Triggers: Tea, of all things. I am not a tea drinker, by any definition of the phrase. I have heard great things about Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, and found some Third Trimester Tea that is supposed to help prep your body for laboring. I've heard that it helps condition your uterus and can make labor faster and less painful. I figured I'd try it out, see what they hype is about... but I am not a tea drinker. I've found that if I dilute one cup of the tea in another cup of water, and add some Mio or lemonade flavoring, I can get it down, but I still feel a little nauseous. Stay tuned to find out whether or not I think it helped with delivery! 

Belly Size: Big and round. My fundal height is actually a week ahead from where I'm supposed to be, but I'm not surprised. Big baby, here we come... 


Nursery: Not much progress made in the past week, but it's still coming together. I did get hooks to hang all my baby wearing gear up. I will be trying a Moby Wrap, Sakura Bloom Ring Sling, Tula, and Ergo with this baby. We'll see what I like best!

Workouts: Walking, and I have an exercise ball coming today to allow me to do hip rolls and bounce (gently) to keep my pelvic area loose for labor.

Labor Signs: Braxton hicks and nausea, but nothing too serious. He is definitely hanging out low in my hips though.

Belly Button: What belly button?

Wedding Rings: They're still on, but I think the day is coming... I'm hoping to make it to next Wednesday (our fourth wedding anniversary, can you believe it?) before taking them off.

Mood: Anxious! I'm so ready for this baby to come. I've been pretty irritable still, especially with the crazy heat wave that has come through the past week and a half. I miss the 70 degree weather.

I'm still in shock that we have less than a month until my due date! I've been having all kinds of dreams about labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and Miss A meeting her brother. I can't wait for this day to come.

God Bless ♥︎ V