Friday, July 03, 2015

37 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 37 Weeks 2 Days

Size of Baby: About 6 1/2 pounds

Gender: It’s a Boy! 

Nicknames for Baby: “Baby James” and “Kade" (which is Gaelic for Fourth)

Total weight gain/loss: 28 pounds gained. 

Symptoms: Contractions! They're irregular, but definitely getting stronger. There's also a ton of pressure in my hips still. He's definitely making his way down.

Cravings: Nothing too specific this week

Maternity Clothes: All the time, definitely the only clothes that make me half comfortable.

Stretch Marks: Growing more this past week. These final weeks have also brought on an itchy belly, which makes the stretch marks even more fun. 

Sleep: Between getting up six times every night to pee, and all the pressure in my hips, sleep is incredibly hard to come by. 

Best Moment This Week: It's been a pretty boring week. I suppose just getting closer to baby boy's arrival has been the best moment of the week.

What I Miss: Everything. Not feeling like a whale, being able to have a drink, being able to lay on my stomach, being able to sit with my legs together... Everything.

Movement: From my pelvic bone to my ribs, he kicks, punches, rolls, and does some form of ancient martial arts. My belly gets a little lopsided sometimes, it's quite entertaining. 

Nausea Triggers: Not too much this week. I haven't been nauseous, but definitely suffering from heartburn still. 

Belly Size: Still super big. He's definitely growing. I'm definitely bigger and lower this pregnancy than I was with Miss A. 


Nursery: Some more minor cleaning, but nothing crazy. Hoping to accomplish the last few things to do this weekend. 

Workouts: Walking and hanging out on the birth ball. I can't do much else at this point, but I am SO looking forward to being able to actually work out again.

Labor Signs: Contractions, but not regular or close enough to send me into actual labor yet.

Belly Button: Flat

Wedding Rings: Still on! I made it to our anniversary like I'd hoped. If I get any hand swelling this week they'll be coming off. 

Mood: Irritable and anxious. I went into full witch mood yesterday, but am feeling a little better today. I'm so ready to have this baby and get back to my normal self.