Wednesday, July 08, 2015

38 Week Bumpdate

How Far Along: 38 Weeks

Size of Baby: Estimated 7lbs 9oz at today's ultrasound

Gender: It’s a Boy! 

Nicknames for Baby: “Baby James” and “Kade" (which is Gaelic for Fourth)

Total weight gain/loss: 29 pounds gained. 

Symptoms: Heartburn, hip pressure, contractions, all sorts of things.
Cravings: Nothing too specific this week

Maternity Clothes: All the time, definitely the only clothes that make me half comfortable.

Stretch Marks: Definitely growing. They're not going anywhere. I have far more now than I did at the beginning of this pregnancy, and I'm pretty okay with it. Growing a human is hard work.

Sleep: It's scarce. I contract a lot at night, which makes it hard to sleep. Between that and peeing all the time...

Best Moment This Week: Seeing baby boy during our ultrasound today! Crazy to think that the next time we see him, he'll be here ♥︎

What I Miss: Being in control of my emotions and my body

Movement: All the time. He's super active!

Nausea Triggers: Not bad, just heartburn all the time. 

Belly Size: Feeling huge. Still bigger than I was with Miss A

Nursery: Nothing done since last week, but we're pretty much ready for him. 

Workouts: Lots of walking and spending time on the birth ball.
Labor Signs: Tons of contractions, regular and spontaneous. I contracted 7 minutes apart from 4AM to 10PM yesterday, and really thought I was in early labor, but... nothing today :/ 

Belly Button: Flat

Wedding Rings: Still on! Fingers are more swollen. The rings are about to come off. 

Mood: Super irritable and ready to be done. I'm so ready to meet this baby! I've been discouraged this past week, especially with ever-present contractions that aren't sending me into active labor. I'm having what's called "prodromal labor" and let me tell you, it sucks. Contractions went from 40 minutes apart for 2 days, to 20 minutes apart for 3 days, to 7 minutes apart yesterday. They got strong last night, and I thought for sure, it was the "real thing." Then, it stopped. I've had a handful of decent contractions today, but they're irregular, and certainly not as productive as I'd hope. The worst part is the continual hope that the next contraction might be the one that sends me into active labor. But... it wasn't. So we wait! I'm impatient, but I'm doing my best to remain optimistic that this baby will come on his own, and hopefully sooner rather than later ;)

God Bless ♥︎ V